sip.edu - Re: [sip.edu] need feedback on SIP phones

Subject: SIP in higher education

Re: [sip.edu] need feedback on SIP phones

  • From: Steve Blair <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [sip.edu] need feedback on SIP phones
  • Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 11:49:13 -0400

We have not found one with a good quality speakerphone.

-Steve

William Caban wrote:

What about the voice quality on the speakerphone? I know other
brands are poor at this.

-W

Steve Blair wrote:

We tried the Soundpoint about a year ago. It worked but configuration
was cumbersome and at that time the Field Service people were more
or a hindrance than help. We have Polycom on our list of vendors to
re-visit but we have yet to do that.

-Steve

William Caban wrote:

Has any one used any of these IP phones that can give me a user/admin-point-of-view feedback on SIP compatibility, sound quality, DTMF feedback and general usability?

Clipcomm CP-100D IP Phone

Polycom SoundPoint IP 300/500 SIP

Thanks in advance,

--