sip.edu - Re: [sip.edu] SIP.edu Workshop Follow Up

Subject: SIP in higher education

Re: [sip.edu] SIP.edu Workshop Follow Up

  • From: Alan Crosswell <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [sip.edu] SIP.edu Workshop Follow Up
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 16:27:40 -0400

As suggested at the meeting, I've set up sip: running the asterisk echo test application, so you can use it to confirm that media (including DTMF) is working as well as signaling.
/a

Dennis Baron wrote:
I hope everyone that attended the workshop enjoyed it as much as I
did. For those of you that I hadn't met it was great to put faces to
the SIP URLs that you used to register. Maybe next time we'll have to
add video capability to the registration requirement!

While I think we covered an awful lot in what felt like too short of a
day, I went away feeling like we didn't end the day with a very clear
set of next steps or potential working sub-groups. I'd like to invite
everybody to join the next SIP.edu conference call on Thursday,
6/24/04 from 2:00-3:00 EDT. We can talk about any additional thoughts
people had on their return trips from the workshop; next steps; and
any other ideas you have related to SIP.edu. Call-in information will
follow next week.

We are still collecting slides from the various presentations and will
get them all up on the web site. We will also merge the various sets
of notes that people took during the discussions and make those
available. In the mean time the group photo is there - thanks Ben!

Again, thanks to Penn for hosting the workshop - particularly Steve
Blair and the Penn crew for getting the room networked. And to
Comcast for sponsoring the event.

Dennis

Ref: http://voip.internet2.edu/SIP.edu/200406-workshop/