Subject: Shibboleth Workshop June 2017
Re: [shibworkshop-2017-06] Important Information: Upcoming Shibboleth Workshop in Denver
- From: Dean Woodbeck <>
- To: "" <>
- Subject: Re: [shibworkshop-2017-06] Important Information: Upcoming Shibboleth Workshop in Denver
- Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 00:40:17 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Authentication-results: internet2.edu; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;internet2.edu; dmarc=none action=none header.from=internet2.edu;
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:0
Just a reminder that we need you to fill out a very short survey, including noting which operating system you use.
InCommon Shibboleth Workshop * June 13-14, 2017
University of Denver * Room 105, Daniels College of Business
You are receiving this note because you registered for the InCommon Shibboleth Installation Workshop, June 13-14, 2017, at the University of Denver. Here is some important information to make your experience productive and enjoyable.
We have created a wiki page that should answer most of your questions about location, parking, hotels, driving directions, and the like: https://spaces.internet2.edu/x/rIKTBg
Please complete a brief survey prior to the training, and no later than Monday, June 12. This will allow the training team to spin up the appropriate number of VMs and also customize the discussion items to be covered. Survey link: https://goo.gl/ipxuMT
University of Denver
Daniels College of Business, Room 105
2101 S. University Blvd.
Denver CO 80208
Check-in opens at 8:00 a.m. MT on June 13, and the sessions will begin at 9 am. Note that we provide lunch and refreshment breaks, but we do not provide breakfast.
Hotel, Transportation, and Parking
Please see this web page at the University of Denver for detailed hotel information, as well as for driving directions and information about light rail access to campus.
Parking: Parking is available for $8 per day (cash only). Be sure to visit the event wiki page to view and print this PDF for a map and instructions on using the parking deck.
Workshop Virtual Machines
Please note that the training requires you to bring a laptop. You will need to have either an RDP client (for Windows) or SSH client (for Linux), plus root access to modify your etc/host files, depending on your choice of operating system for this class.
The training makes use of Virtual Machines (VMs), in this case derived from Amazon Marketplace Images (AMI) loaded on Amazon Web Services. The training team will provide access instructions when you arrive for the first day of the training. You will have the choice of running the VM in your own AWS instance, or having Internet2 and InCommon host the VM on your behalf.
· You will need root/administrator access on the computer you will be bringing to class so that you can modify the local hosts file.
· If you choose to use the Internet2/InCommon-hosted instance, your VM will be available during the training and for two weeks after the training. After two weeks, the VM will no longer exist, so be sure to save anything you need within two weeks of the end of the training.
Please review the preparation instructions for your environment
· Windows: https://spaces.internet2.edu/x/jYjYAg
OBTAIN YOUR NAME BADGE and other important meeting materials outside the training room, which opens at 8:00 a.m. We suggest you arrive by 8:30, to allow enough time to check in, browse the beverages, and get your laptop up and running.
CASUAL ATTIRE is suggested. All software used is thread-safe, so steel-toed boots, hard hats, and leather gloves are strictly optional.
BEVERAGES AND LUNCH: We do *not* provide breakfast in the morning, although we do endorse the concept that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. That said, coffee, tea, soft drinks and water will be available and there will be a mid-morning snack. Lunch *is* provided as part of your registration and there will be an afternoon snack break, as well.
If you have any questions about the workshop or its technical content, please send a note to .
Education and Outreach Lead, InCommon
- [shibworkshop-2017-06] Important Information: Upcoming Shibboleth Workshop in Denver, Dean Woodbeck, 06/05/2017
- <Possible follow-up(s)>
- Re: [shibworkshop-2017-06] Important Information: Upcoming Shibboleth Workshop in Denver, Dean Woodbeck, 06/09/2017
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.