shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] 24/3 Dev Meeting, Request for Topics

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] 24/3 Dev Meeting, Request for Topics

  • From: Jim Fox <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] 24/3 Dev Meeting, Request for Topics
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 08:58:32 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011, Tom Zeller wrote:

Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 07:20:40 -0700
From: Tom Zeller

The next dev meeting will be March 24th.  If you have agenda topics
please suggest them before this Thursday (March 18th).

It is probably good that I missed the Thursday the 18th cutoff :-)

I am interested in an ldap interface to the attribute resolver. While
probably no one in their right mind would position the IdP as a
directory, an ldap interface might allow an IdP to act as a backend to
a real directory, such as openldap or apache ds v2. A read-only ldap
interface (search) might be possible and I think similar to SAML
attribute requests ?

I am also interested in an external authorization manager, something
like a XACML PDP, as an attribute filterer.

Perhaps pipe dreams.

Your pipe has better stuff than my pipe.

Jim