shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] Re: [Shib-Users] the '_saml_idp' cookie

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] Re: [Shib-Users] the '_saml_idp' cookie

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] Re: [Shib-Users] the '_saml_idp' cookie
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 16:31:37 -0500

On 12/31/10 4:29 PM, Peter Schober wrote:
* Tom
Scavo<>
[2010-12-31 22:20]:
If you're saying that the embedded DS interacts with the SWITCH WAYF
in some way, even if it's different than what I described earlier,
I'd like to take a look at that. Do you have a pointer to some
documentation?

http://switch.ch/aai/support/serviceproviders/sp-embedded-wayf.html

It's really a remote interface to the cental DS and lives right in a
page of your choice (not on an extra resource co-located with your
app/SP like the Shib EDS).

Actually, the Shib EDS works the same as the SWITCH WAYF. Just Javascript and CSS that you add to an HTML page. The Shib EDS happens to get its data from the SP, the SWITCH one happens to get it from the centralized DS.

--
Chad La Joie
http://itumi.biz