shibboleth-dev - [Shib-Dev] fallback Data Connector?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

[Shib-Dev] fallback Data Connector?

  • From: naveed <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [Shib-Dev] fallback Data Connector?
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 07:20:38 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

We use the the StoredID data connector in r2.1.5 to generate/store/release
persistent identifiers to SP's with an oracle database (data source), re:
shibpid. The majority of our SP's request the persistent id
(edupersonTargetID), hence the need to have a resilient data source is
important to us, and I'm sure for other IdP's.

Is it possible to use a fall back data source for attribute resolution without
the need to invest in expensive database clustering or development work
requiring releasing the persistent ID from a clustered LDAP directory (we did
this on IdP 1.3)?

If there is no default fall back mechanism, is it possible for the attribute
resolver to detect a problem (SQL Exception) with the StoredID data connector,
and switch over to the Computed ID data connector? This way we can continue to
generate/release the persistent ID to end users.

Any help appreciated

Naveed