shibboleth-dev - [Shib-Dev] Shib SP secure cookies

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

[Shib-Dev] Shib SP secure cookies

  • From: Bradley Schwoerer <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [Shib-Dev] Shib SP secure cookies
  • Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 12:58:11 -0600

One of our application admins brought it to my attention that even with handlerSSL="true" in the Sessions block for the Shib SP config that it does not by default mark the cookies secure. After researching I found that adding cookieProps="; path=/; secure" in the Sessions block makes it mark the cookies as secure.

Is there a config option that we are not setting properly, or is that by design? Is it possible to change it so that by default with handlerSSL="true" that it sets the secure flag for the cookie?

Thanks

-Bradley