shibboleth-dev - [Shib-Dev] Service Provider 2.4 Release Candidate 1

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

[Shib-Dev] Service Provider 2.4 Release Candidate 1

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Subject: [Shib-Dev] Service Provider 2.4 Release Candidate 1
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:37:11 -0400

Apologies for the cross-post, but I do want eyeballs. I have made the first
release cadidate of the new SP available for testing. Details can be found
on the road map page:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/SPRoadmap

You'll find links to source for all the upgraded packages (including the one
at Apache that I'm stuck maintaining), and I have generated RPMs in my
private "home" build service project to keep them out of the official
repository.

I can't change the macports of course, but will probably make updated
portfiles available once I have them.

Unfortunately Windows is lagging at this point, because the installer needs
work, and I still have to update my dependencies, which takes an eon. I
probably will do an RC2 once I can make Windows available.

I do not have a final deadline for this release, but it's feature-frozen,
and I am desperately in need of testers. There were a lot of internal
changes in this release to support the new configuration changes and the
background metadata loading, so I won't release this until it gets heavy
testing.

You'll find release notes in the RoadMap links, along with some discussion
of new features and changes in the RoadMap page, and here:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/NativeSPInterestingFeatures
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/NativeSPConfigurationChanges

I have made a pretty good start on adding the 2.4 material to the reference
documentation, though there's still some way to go. The main thing I wanted
to get done was the new Sessions content to simplify things:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/NativeSPSessions

As you'll see in the RoadMap, what I really need more than anything is
people to test with their existing configurations and verify it's
compatible.

Feel free to report bugs as usual, against the "Unstable" version.

  • [Shib-Dev] Service Provider 2.4 Release Candidate 1, Scott Cantor, 10/27/2010