shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] Debugging shibboleth-idp-ext-delegation

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] Debugging shibboleth-idp-ext-delegation

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] Debugging shibboleth-idp-ext-delegation
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 10:33:28 -0700

See http://codeviewer.org/view/code:10b6 for the SOAP request. It has no differences, except entityIDs, certs etc. to the working one.

Offhand that looks fine.

The relying party configuration:

It looks exact like on the working configuration. Do you have any hints how to
debug the relying party stuff, to figure out, why no effective security policy

That also looks fine, as far as I can tell. The problem might be a subtle typo, etc, but I don't see it. There are other failure conditions and code paths that might produce that final error that you posted. It would be helpful to see a log output on level TRACE for package edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.idp.ext.delegation, for at least the Liberty part of the flow. That would at least help confirm what is or is not happening.

--Brent