shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] New IdP v2.2 Snapshot Available

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] New IdP v2.2 Snapshot Available

  • From: Russell Beall <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] New IdP v2.2 Snapshot Available
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 14:47:11 -0700

Ok. It seems to be related to a TLS bind because if I turn TLS off, I don't
get any delays.

Here is a snippet from startup with TLS on. You can see here the one second
interval between the bind and the start of the next line:

14:28:24.617 - DEBUG
[edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.common.attribute.resolver.provider.ShibbolethAttributeResolver:490]
14:28:24.640 - DEBUG [edu.vt.middleware.ldap.handler.TlsConnectionHandler:80]
- Bind with the following parameters:
14:28:24.641 - DEBUG [edu.vt.middleware.ldap.handler.TlsConnectionHandler:81]
- dn = uscrdn=usc.edu.xxxxxxxxxxxx,ou=accounts,dc=usc,dc=edu
14:28:24.642 - DEBUG [edu.vt.middleware.ldap.handler.TlsConnectionHandler:88]
- credential = <suppressed>
14:29:28.478 - INFO
[edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.common.config.BaseService:179] -
shibboleth.AttributeResolver service configuration loaded

And here is a section of the login attempt, also with one second between the
search attempt and the resulting data processing:
14:28:34.809 - DEBUG
[edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.common.attribute.resolver.provider.dataConnector.LdapDataConnector:294]
- Search filter: (uid=beall)
14:28:34.810 - DEBUG
[edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.common.attribute.resolver.provider.dataConnector.LdapDataConnector:349]
- LDAP data connector gds - Retrieving attributes from LDAP
14:28:34.810 - DEBUG [edu.vt.middleware.ldap.handler.TlsConnectionHandler:80]
- Bind with the following parameters:
14:28:34.811 - DEBUG [edu.vt.middleware.ldap.handler.TlsConnectionHandler:81]
- dn = uscrdn=usc.edu.xxxxxxxxxxxx,ou=accounts,dc=usc,dc=edu
14:28:34.812 - DEBUG [edu.vt.middleware.ldap.handler.TlsConnectionHandler:88]
- credential = <suppressed>
14:28:34.917 - DEBUG [edu.vt.middleware.ldap.Ldap:191] - Search with the
following parameters:
14:28:34.918 - DEBUG [edu.vt.middleware.ldap.Ldap:192] - dn = dc=usc,dc=edu
14:28:34.919 - DEBUG [edu.vt.middleware.ldap.Ldap:193] - filter =
(uid=beall)
14:28:34.920 - DEBUG [edu.vt.middleware.ldap.Ldap:194] - filterArgs = []
14:28:34.920 - DEBUG [edu.vt.middleware.ldap.Ldap:195] - searchControls =
javax.naming.directory.SearchControls@5c3f1224
14:28:34.921 - DEBUG [edu.vt.middleware.ldap.Ldap:196] - handler =
[edu.vt.middleware.ldap.handler.FqdnSearchResultHandler@30c028cc,

edu.vt.middleware.ldap.handler.BinarySearchResultHandler@17b68215,

edu.vt.middleware.ldap.handler.EntryDnSearchResultHandler@4f163cdc]
14:29:35.157 - DEBUG
[edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.common.attribute.resolver.provider.dataConnector.LdapDataConnector:400]
- LDAP data connector gds - Found the following attribute: uid[beall]
14:29:35.190 - DEBUG
[edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.common.attribute.resolver.provider.dataConnector.LdapDataConnector:400]
- LDAP data connector gds - Found the following attribute:
eduPersonPrincipalName[]

Russ.