shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] Custom authentication using LdapLoginModule

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] Custom authentication using LdapLoginModule

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] Custom authentication using LdapLoginModule
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 09:03:50 -0400

Here is the documentation for creating custom extensions:
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/IdPDevCustomExtension

On 6/7/10 4:16 AM, dmerida wrote:

I want to change the authentication method in Shibboleth. My purpose is not
to provide user-password information and the IdP uses an user-password from
another source.

Initially, I modify LdapLoginModule class in vt-ldap library to provide an
user-password by default, making a custom callback to return a constant
string. I recompile vt-ldap, copy it in the /lib directory into
shibboleth-idp installation and reload the idp project in tomcat, but no
changes are produced.

Anybody knows where is the error?
There are another way to do the custom authentication?

--
Chad La Joie
http://itumi.biz