shibboleth-dev - CMU shibboleth extensions work

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

CMU shibboleth extensions work

  • From: "Russell J. Yount" <>
  • To: <>
  • Cc: <>, "'Tom Dopirak'" <>
  • Subject: CMU shibboleth extensions work
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 18:00:14 -0400

We spoke with a couple people at the internet2 in Arlington VA recently about Carnegie Mellon’s efforts to replace our use of PubCookie with Shibboleth 2 rather than support two single sign on systems.

For us to replace PubCookie use on campus we need shibboleth to distribute Kerberos tickets and also WS-security assertions.

The following web site outlines what work we have done and has available code for download.

http://asg.andrew.cmu.edu/shibboleth/

The code is neither standards based nor the cleanest in structure however it is working and should provide some concrete use cases for future development of Shibboleth.

-Russ

  • CMU shibboleth extensions work, Russell J. Yount, 05/28/2010