shibboleth-dev - [IdPv3] Roadmap Discussion Details

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

[IdPv3] Roadmap Discussion Details

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [IdPv3] Roadmap Discussion Details
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 08:20:32 -0400

As I mentioned on the user's email list, I am going to be sending a series of emails to this list (the dev list) to discuss the planned work for IdP v3. Please read the following and keep it in mind as you read each of those emails.

- Each mail subject will start with [IdPv3] (occuring after the [Shib-Dev] added by the mailing list server). So you can create mail rules if you want.

- Each mail will focus on a particular area of the IdP. Any replies to that email should only contain feedback related to that IdP area under discussion. So, for example, don't seen feedback about metadata providers to the thread discussing the authentication engine.

- If the discussion about the current area gives you an idea about another area (e.g. talking about the resolver brings up an idea about filtering) please start a *new* thread with your idea (i.e. don't use the reply button(s)/command(s) in your email client).

- Each mail will be broken down in to a list of items (like this mail). When responding to a particular item please respond to only that item (i.e. one email per item).

- It should go without saying that not all ideas will be accepted and many may be (hotly) discussed.

My goal with this setup is to be able to track everyone's ideas without spending hours and hours sifting through and collating emails.

My overall goal is make the IdP better (for some definition of better).

--
Chad La Joie
http://itumi.biz

  • [IdPv3] Roadmap Discussion Details, Chad La Joie, 05/26/2010