shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] IdP v3 Metrics: What do you need?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] IdP v3 Metrics: What do you need?

  • From: Brendan Bellina <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] IdP v3 Metrics: What do you need?
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 13:21:16 -0700

There are a few contributions <https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/Contributions> that involve processing the log files. We use shlook.

Regards,

Brendan Bellina
Identity Services Architect
Mgr, Enterprise Middleware Identity Management
Information Technology Services
University of Southern California

On May 20, 2010, at 8:04 AM, Peter Schober wrote:

* Dergenski, Todd A. <> [2010-05-20 16:55]:
We were able to build a shell script to dig out:
Service Provider Usage Report - Raw count of logins per SP.
Top Most Logged in Users - Top 10 Users.
Top 10 Clients - Top 10 IPs
Usage by Hour - Raw count. Hour breakdown of logins.  Useful for finding appropriate outage windows.
Usage By Day - Raw count. Day by day breakdown of logins.
Number of Unique Logins - Unique users actually logging in.
Number of Unique Logins per Service Provider - Unique users per SP.
Number of Unique Logins per Service Provider By Day - Unique Users per SP per Day.
Number of Websites Logged in Per User Average - Gives a rough idea of who is using Shibboleth as SSO and who just uses it for a single page.
Auth type count - count of which methods are being used.
[...]
Exceptions thrown. count by type.  We have a standalone report for
this already, but something integrated would be nice.

Are these tools available anywhere?
-peter