shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] Issues integrated Shibboleth with IIS/Tomcat and Jakarta redirector

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] Issues integrated Shibboleth with IIS/Tomcat and Jakarta redirector

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] Issues integrated Shibboleth with IIS/Tomcat and Jakarta redirector
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 13:29:17 -0400

> I raised this on shib-users, but I think that was possibly the wrong
> mailing list.

So's this. I meant that this is a Tomcat issue, not a Shibboleth one.
Whatever is involved in excluding paths from its processing, it's really for
them to say. If somebody who has it working knows the secret, then -users is
the right place to wait for an answer.

> The native.log file contains the following:

Unless it's on DEBUG, it's not going to help much and even then I doubt it's
going to reveal much. The filter's fine, but the extension's probably not
running.

> every now and then when requesting the site, authenticating and getting
> sent back, the shibd.log will say: INFO Shibboleth.Listener [3]:
> detected socket closure, shutting down worker thread

INFO == normal.