shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] POST to shib ECP protected app

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] POST to shib ECP protected app

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] POST to shib ECP protected app
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 18:18:08 -0400

Actually, I bet I know what it's doing. You're doing SOAP, that means the
POST mime type is text/xml, not a urlencoded form submission. The POST
preservation logic only handles encoded parameters, not generic bodies. It's
just ignoring the POST for that reason.

With a SOAP client, you'd rely on the 302 to know which resource to POST
back to, but the rest would have to be handled by the client.