shibboleth-dev - java-idp 2.1.5 - Running the test cases

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

java-idp 2.1.5 - Running the test cases

  • From: Jan Peter Stotz <>
  • To:
  • Subject: java-idp 2.1.5 - Running the test cases
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 17:31:28 +0100

Hi Shibboleth developers.

I have checked out java-idp 2.1.5 [1] for learning how the IDP works in
detail. As I am not running a Shibboleth infrastructure I thought that
the easiest way would be to run the JUnit test cases. My problem is that
if I run the test cases via maven some of them fail:

testFirstAuthenticationLeg(edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.idp.system.conf1.SAML2SSOTestCase)
testArtifactResolution(edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.idp.system.conf1.SAML1ArtifactResolutionTest)
testWithoutConfiguration(edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.idp.system.conf1.SAML1ArtifactResolutionTest)
testFirstAuthenticationLeg(edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.idp.system.conf1.ShibbolethSSOTestCase)
testSecondAuthenticationLeg(edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.idp.system.conf1.ShibbolethSSOTestCase)
testArtifactResolution(edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.idp.system.conf1.SAML2ArtifactResolutionTest)
testAttributeQuery(edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.idp.system.conf1.SAML1AttributeQueryTestCase)
testAuthenticationWithoutConfiguredQuery(edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.idp.system.conf1.SAML1AttributeQueryTestCase)

If I run e.g. the SAML2SSOTestCase directly via JUnit additionally the
testSecondAuthenticationLeg() test fails, too.

I thought that for releases no test case should fail. Hence what is
wrong with the IdP and/or my configuration?

Jan

[1] https://subversion.switch.ch/svn/shibboleth/java-idp/tags/2.1.5

  • java-idp 2.1.5 - Running the test cases, Jan Peter Stotz, 02/12/2010