shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] RESTful webservice data connector

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] RESTful webservice data connector

  • From: Eli Ben-Shoshan <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Jim Fox <>
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] RESTful webservice data connector
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 17:22:20 -0500

On 01/12/2010 01:28 PM, Jim Fox wrote:

We have implemented a RESTful webservice data connector -- to get
group memberships. I'm thinking of adding this to the contrib area
of the wiki, but if anyone has an immediate application or would
otherwise like to try this out please let me know. I'd like to
know if it will work somewhere besides UW.

In brief, the connector makes a GET request and parses an XHTML
response.

Jim

I might be interested in this. We have problem with getting a active directory membership correct with nested groups. I have a solution to it that querys AD with a .NET or perl. I "could" use this RESTful webserver data connector to query that data and use it in my ARPs.

--
Eli Ben-Shoshan