shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] sessionid, previous session, assertions - web gardens, web farms, concurrent sessionstate locking....

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] sessionid, previous session, assertions - web gardens, web farms, concurrent sessionstate locking....

  • From: Peter Williams <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] sessionid, previous session, assertions - web gardens, web farms, concurrent sessionstate locking....
  • Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 16:45:10 -0700
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

Ok. I have some useful understanding I didn't have before. And I can reduce
it to my level.

The saml session id values ought to vary by assertion, within one idp
session,for different sp sites. The reason is easy and intuitive:
privacy/anti-correlation.

Ill read the spec/errata more to see what it says about sessionid values in
followup assertions for the same sp-audience. Hopefuly there is only 1, so
only 1 value need be kept around in the app session to have (later) the sp
invoke slo on the right set of SPs, per nameid.