shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] sessionid, previous session, assertions - web gardens, web farms, concurrent sessionstate locking....

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] sessionid, previous session, assertions - web gardens, web farms, concurrent sessionstate locking....

  • From: Peter Williams <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] sessionid, previous session, assertions - web gardens, web farms, concurrent sessionstate locking....
  • Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 13:48:56 -0700
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

The interworking partner uses shib2 idp.

Another interworking partner uses shib2.1 sp.

Being open standards, I happen to use a non shib idp and non shib sp. (I'm
keeping my shib sp src build knowhow in my back pocket, for now. It will be
useful later to cheaply build out the spokes in our hub/spoke nerwork.
Shib2.x sp is clearly maturing very fast, for commercial exploitation.)

First, (today) Im addressing shib idp to ping sp (using saml2). This is
because the patner is relatively expert in shib config and coding.

Then, ill do our ping idp (with slo) to their shib sp (with soap based slo).

Both those links expect to work at commercial grade levels of service.

Id target all this at shib users normally, but someone will just claim im
abusing the neophytes focussing on basic cgi attributes and elementary sso,
etc. As its more complex than that , I came here. Perhaps I was wrong to do
so (yet again). Perhaps there is no forum for this. In which case, I may just
give up till someone else solves it, in a manner the bottom of the class can
understand (ie me).