shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] Re: How can I include an own DataConnector implementation into IdP 2.1 configuration?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] Re: How can I include an own DataConnector implementation into IdP 2.1 configuration?

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] Re: How can I include an own DataConnector implementation into IdP 2.1 configuration?
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 09:54:47 -0400

Chad La Joie wrote on 2009-03-31:
> Whatever you define as the element type. As the documentation says, you
> have to know XML Schema if you're going to write a custom plugin. XML
> Schema tells you exactly what this data type is.

Or more precisely, you tell it. When you write the schema that defines the
configuration structure for your plugin, you express it as a <complexType>
that has a name, and the xsi:type is "prefix:name" where xmlns:prefix is
declared in the document to be your custom namespace.

http://www.w3schools.com/schema/default.asp is a pretty good schema tutorial.