shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] GSS and the dynamic metadata provider (was RE: Second and final beta of 2.0 SP available)

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] GSS and the dynamic metadata provider (was RE: Second and final beta of 2.0 SP available)

  • From: "Josh Howlett" <>
  • To: <>
  • Cc: "Josh Howlett" <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] GSS and the dynamic metadata provider (was RE: Second and final beta of 2.0 SP available)
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 14:52:21 -0000

> Josh Howlett wrote on 2009-03-24:
> > I read in NativeSPMetadataProvider that the SP supports
> > "authentication of the transport layer used to acquire the metadata
> > [using] the same underlying code used for SOAP client
> communication"
> > for the Dynamic MetadataProvider.
> >
> > Is that the same code that is referred to in
> NativeSPApplication for
> > "back-channel" communication, or something entirely different?
>
> It's the same.

Ok. The reason I ask is because the configuration options for the SP
dynamic metadata provider imply that it is only possible to establish by
applying a <TrustEngine> to the metadata publisher's server certificate,
whereas NativeSPApplication permits a broader range of authentication
options.

I assume that the reason for this is that there wasn't a use-case for
using any of these other authentication options?

josh.