shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] comments in metadata files

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] comments in metadata files

  • From: Ian Young <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] comments in metadata files
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 19:47:08 +0000

On 23 Mar 2009, at 17:41, Scott Cantor wrote:

Ian Young wrote on 2009-03-23:
<?xml ....?>
<!-- this is comment A -->
<EntitiesDescriptor ...>
<ds:SignedInfo>
... a couple of pages of stuff ...
</ds:SignedInfo>
<!-- this is comment B -->
</EntitiesDescriptor>

Before I read further, can you clarify this? Do you mean literally the
comment is inside the Signature element, but outside SignedInfo?

D'oh!

Sorry, I misread my own example file. I should have said:

<!-- this is comment A -->
<EntitiesDescriptor ...><ds:Signature ...>
... a couple of pages of stuff ...
</ds:Signature>
<!-- this is comment B -->
</EntitiesDescriptor>

Which is to say, the <ds:Signature> gets tagged onto the same line as the <EntitiesDescriptor>.

-- Ian