shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] Shibboleth IDP source code

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] Shibboleth IDP source code

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] Shibboleth IDP source code
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 11:25:48 -0500

Scott Cantor wrote:
Volodymyr Borovik wrote on 2009-02-17:

Could anyone tell me what literature should I read to have at least
minimal understanding of the technology?

All of the SAML specs to start with, and then probably Spring. Personally,
as a novice at Java, the extensive generics in the code have thrown me for a
loop, so I would need a refresher on advanced Java that you might not.

On top of what Scott suggested, the Java OpenSAML User's and Developer's manuals and API docs would probably be good:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/OpenSAML/OSTwoUserManual

There are also some very high level developer docs started on the IdP, albeit minimal:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/DevelopmentDocs

--Brent