shibboleth-dev - DS Development Opportunity

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

DS Development Opportunity

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: DS Development Opportunity
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 07:37:46 +0100

We have a development opportunity related to the Discovery Service, if
there is some person, or group, who is interested in helping out with
Shibboleth.

The Discovery Service has proven to be about the best interface for
declaring a person's home organization. However the current default UI
is a bit rough from a usability perspective. So, we'd like to give it a
face lift.

So far, the following ideas have been floated within the core team:
- Clean up the HTML and make it strict XHTML with formatting moved
appropriately to CSS
- Search as you type functionality in the IdP search box
- Ensuring the DS page meets various accessibility standards (W3 WAI, US
Section 508, etc.)
- Proper Internationalization support

We are looking for people with a really good CHI background. Being a
skilled programmer is NOT a requirement, we can help with the code.
We'd also like proper usability testing of whatever UI design is settled
upon.

So, if you're interested either reply to this email on-list or send me a
note directly. If you know of people who might be interested, but
probably aren't on this list, just forward the mail along to them.

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities

  • DS Development Opportunity, Chad La Joie, 12/03/2008