shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] SP 2.1 Logout Notify problem

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] SP 2.1 Logout Notify problem

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] SP 2.1 Logout Notify problem
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 11:12:51 -0500

> According to https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/NativeSPNotify
> and https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/NativeSPLogoutInitiator I
> would assume that a LogoutInitiator like

No, there's apparently a mistake or the page is confusing, but the Notify
elements don't go inside there. They're a separate element in the
ApplicationDefaults/ApplicationOverride sequence.

> Having a look at shibd.log (on DEBUG log level) I cannot find any entry
> saying something like "Adding Notify property" or what it was called in
> 2.0.

I don't know what you would actually see, but when elements appear inside
plugins, the schema is open and it will silently ignore things it doesn't
know. This is the flip side of not using xsi:type and schemas like Chad did.
The XML is much simpler, but config validation stops at the plugin level.

> So, could it be that the wiki page is outdated or that this is a bug? Or
> have I just misunderstood something :) ?

The latter, and the page was not outdated, but apparently is not clear.