shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] Obtaining user attributes from a web form at the time of authentication

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] Obtaining user attributes from a web form at the time of authentication

  • From: "Tom Scavo" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] Obtaining user attributes from a web form at the time of authentication
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:42:53 -0400

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Dharam Veer

> 1/ As part of AuthnRequest you can't specify the attributes required.
> Attribute Query/Response is the thing to use for this. [Please correct me if
> I misunderstood the spec]

You have correctly understood the current spec, yes. The OASIS SSTC
has discussed the possibility of including attributes in AuthnRequest,
and in fact, this is an action item waiting for someone to write the
profile. No idea when this might become concrete.

Tom