shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] Duplicate artifact IDs

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] Duplicate artifact IDs

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] Duplicate artifact IDs
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 09:46:55 -0400

> Also, I read something about type 1 and type 2 artifacts but can't
> find anything about it in the documentation... Can someone point me to
> information regarding them? What type should I be using?

They're pretty much interchangeable with Shib. They're both SAML 1 only, and
the only difference is how the source location piece is handled. Type 1 uses
a hash of the entityID and the SP reverse maps from that. Type 2 includes
the IdP endpoint URL, and the SP reverse maps from that.

Replay is either a user error issue (actual replay, bookmarks, etc), or as
you suspect. The artifact type should be independent of the problem.

-- Scott

  • Duplicate artifact IDs, AndrĂ© Cruz, 10/06/2008
    • RE: [Shib-Dev] Duplicate artifact IDs, Scott Cantor, 10/06/2008