shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] Fedora 8 and shibboleth SP 1.3

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] Fedora 8 and shibboleth SP 1.3

  • From: Ian Young <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] Fedora 8 and shibboleth SP 1.3
  • Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 08:47:10 +0100

david t wrote:

> I have this error message in my SP's log when application try to connect
> in my IDP for attributs.
>
> ERROR SAML.SAMLSOAPHTTPBinding [1] sessionGet: failed while contacting
> SAML responder: Unknown cipher in list: ALL:!aNULL:!LOW:!EXPORT:!SSLv2
>
> Is it a Fedora 8 bug ? how to solve it (SP 1.3 in Fedora 9 or fedora 8
> patch ) ?

This is a known problem under Fedora:

https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/CPPXT-9

an intentional change, so they don't see it as a bug. It's unlikely to
be fixed any time soon.

Fedora isn't a supported operating system for the Shibboleth SP.

Running Shibboleth on these systems means either rebuilding libcurl
yourself or dropping in the appropriate libraries from an earlier
version of Fedora and hoping for the best. A far better solution is not
to use Fedora for anything important. Consider CentOS 5.2 instead.

-- Ian