shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] seeking feedback on Shibboleth 2.2 Roadmap

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] seeking feedback on Shibboleth 2.2 Roadmap

  • From: Eric Norman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] seeking feedback on Shibboleth 2.2 Roadmap
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 21:45:04 -0500

On Sep 24, 2008, at 8:34 PM, Scott Cantor wrote:

I can't tell whether that's agreement, disagreement, or something else.

Disagreement, but I'm not sure I understood what the point was.

The suggestion was to use the above as a principle for structuring
(classifying) data instead of that overused "meta" prefix.

Well, the SAML specification's done. The terminology is what it is. I'm not sure how this helps us develop priorities and use cases for the software.

I wasn't talking about SAML, and I wasn't really talking about
terminology; the word was "structure".

Feedback was solicited; I provided some. If you don't understand
it or if it's not useful to you, it would be best to ignore it.
It might be useful to others.

Eric Norman