shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] OpenSAML XMLTooling Code Generator / OpenLiberty ClientLib

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] OpenSAML XMLTooling Code Generator / OpenLiberty ClientLib

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>, "'Brett Beaumont'" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] OpenSAML XMLTooling Code Generator / OpenLiberty ClientLib
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 10:56:56 -0400

> Early on there was a comment from an opensaml developer that it would not
be
> terribly difficult to build a code generator. I have copied the shib dev
> list. Is there any chance of an OpenSAML XMLTooling code generator? I
would
> absolutely love it.

The chance is directly proportional to somebody's willingness to write one.
If you're asking the chances of me doing that, the answer would be pretty
small.

In my case (C++), I only code classes for objects I care enough about to
deal with directly. I use an ElementProxy on top of a wildcard-capable class
for everything else, so that I preserve the signature and encyrption
handling capabilities that were the reason we wrote all the code to begin
with.