shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] how to deliver personal infocard keyinfo to app?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] how to deliver personal infocard keyinfo to app?

  • From: Jim Fox <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] how to deliver personal infocard keyinfo to app?
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 20:10:26 -0700 (PDT)

I'd say we can deliver the modulus only, and skip the exponent altogether.

I think we should deliver something that can be processed by tools and turned into a public key, so I think it should be DER (encoded).

Why? What's the app going to do with this public key? We don't deliver to
apps the credentials used by IdPs when they authnticate. Seems to me that
this credential is nothing but a validation that the other information comes
from the same user as used the site before. I suggest that a 128 bit
hash of the public key ought to be enough information. It's an identifier
and nothing more.

Jim