shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] Shibboleth on IIS without ASAPI?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] Shibboleth on IIS without ASAPI?

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] Shibboleth on IIS without ASAPI?
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 12:56:32 -0400

> I don't know if having several ISAPI filters is a problem technically,

Since I didn't specifically answer that, I guess I can...it's not a problem.
Unless the modules are literally trying to do the same work for the same
requests, there's nothing wrong with running both.

We have a setup here on the highest volume app we have, and it runs the
Shibboleth filter and a filter that handles basic-auth and permissions
enforcement for WebDAV access to the same IIS server, and they work fine
together.

If there's a conflict, one or both are broken to begin with and you wouldn't
want to run them alone, let alone together.