shibboleth-dev - information card foundation

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

information card foundation

  • From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <>
  • To: Shibboleth Dev Team <>
  • Subject: information card foundation
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 08:50:44 -0700 (PDT)

Re today's infocard item, note that last week the Information Card Forum was announced:

http://informationcard.net/

It's my intent to have Internet2 be a member; unfortunately the paperwork wasn't complete before the announcement. While "yet another foundation" is a concern, I think it's good for this technology to have an evangelism/marketing entity like this. In particular the relationship with OSIS (http://osis.idcommons.net/) is still being worked out, but OSIS will tend to move more toward multi-protocol activities (more overlapping with Concordia, http://projectconcordia.org/, oh well), while ICF will be infocard-specific. The question of what standards venue could/should host infocard specs is I think one of the most important for the ICF to agree on.

- RL "Bob"

  • information card foundation, RL 'Bob' Morgan, 06/30/2008