shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] shibd not parsing XML metadata

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] shibd not parsing XML metadata

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] shibd not parsing XML metadata
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 15:56:22 -0400

> The output from shibd.log (with OpenSAML.MessageDecoder=DEBUG) is below
> as well. This IdP works fine on the other SPs so I'm guessing that the
> XML libraries aren't parsing the Metadata properly. shibd.log shows it
> being properly downloaded and passing the signature test. The files in
> /usr/local/var/run/shibboleth look fine. I've tried with the other IdP
> I have running and the result is the same even though it is also
> included in the metadata.

Try the mdquery tool and see what it thinks is in the metadata.

e.g.

mdquery -e urn:mace:incommon:ohiolink.edu

mdquery -e urn:mace:incommon:ohiolink.edu -idp -saml11

And/or use that for debugging, which is probably simpler than trying to
debug into SSO at runtime.

> Considering the platform, my guess is that one of the supporting
> packages (probably something XML-related) isn't compiling and/or
> functioning properly. I really don't know where to start looking,
> though. Any ideas?

This is where the definition of unsupported comes in; if it takes debugging
other people's code, I have to leave it to somebody else. But I would tend
to doubt that it's loading the metadata at all.