shibboleth-dev - Re: Service Provider Attribute aliases and naming

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Service Provider Attribute aliases and naming

  • From: Lukas Haemmerle <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Service Provider Attribute aliases and naming
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:26:34 +0200

Scott Cantor wrote:
As far as I understand Scott's reply the Aliases were then later on
added again. However, it seems they can now only be used with the
Shibboleth 2 SP in the RequestMap, but not anymore in the Apache
config/.htaccess file. Is this correct or is this a bug?

Lukas, just closing the loop on this...I tested the alias feature in an
Apache rule and it worked fine for me. Might be an attribute-map syntax
problem that isn't being logged.

I recently found out what the problem was and just want to let the list know about it as well.

Apparently the xml attribute was renamed from 'alias' to 'aliases' sometime in between the beta test and the release :) Because I still had been using an older attribute-map.xml file, I didn't notice that. So, using the correct term 'aliases' also now also works fine for me.

Lukas

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities