shibboleth-dev - Re: EduGAINFilter license

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: EduGAINFilter license

  • From: Ajay Daryanani Arjandas <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: EduGAINFilter license
  • Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 12:57:47 +0200

Hi Tom,

Tom Scavo wrote:
We've started to look at this. So if I'm understanding you correctly,
on April 11 you'll provide a link to a tarball that contains all the
necessary code and libraries, and documentation to install it? In the
meantime, is SVN the only way to gain access to all the pieces?

I understand that when you mention the tarball, documentation, etc. for
installation, you are talking about the filter... is this right?

We have to differenciate between developments: basic eduGAIN libraries
(base, validation and meta); and the developments which are built on top
of them, such as the Bridging Elements or eduGAINFilter. RC1 is related
to the basic libraries.

Independently of this, I will provide an eduGAINFilter tarball and WAR
file, tested and documented. I can't commit on dates at the moment, but
I expect to have it prepared by end of April. Hopefully at that moment
it will be possible to configure the filter as a native Shibboleth 1.3 SP.

In the meantime I can send you the current version, but bear in mind
that its status is close to a proof-of-concept, and it uses eduGAIN
validation, so you could only test it against my PAPI Home Bridging
Element. Any volunteers? ;-)

Best regards,

Ajay

Thanks much,

Tom Scavo
NCSA

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 9:18 AM, Ajay Daryanani Arjandas
Hi all,

we (JRA5 activity of the GÉANT2 project) are at a meeting in Budapest, and
just decided to put the RC1 version of eduGAIN (including EduGAINFilter)
code under APL license.

RC1 is expected for 11th April, although you can already check the source
code for the filter at:

http://svn.geant2.net/listing.php?repname=GEANT2%20JRA5&path=%2Ftrunk%2Ffilter%2Fsrc%2Fnet%2Fgeant%2Fedugain%2Ffilter%2F&rev=0&sc=0

Regards,

Ajay

Ajay Daryanani Arjandas
Area de Middleware
RedIRIS / Red.es

Edificio Bronce
Plaza de Manuel Gómez Moreno, s/n - 2ª planta
28020 Madrid

Tel.: 91 212 76 20 (Ext. 5541)
Fax : 91 556 88 64
e-mail: