shibboleth-dev - Use X-Forwarded-For with trusted IPs

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Use X-Forwarded-For with trusted IPs

  • From: André Cruz <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Use X-Forwarded-For with trusted IPs
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:15:38 +0000

Hello.

I'd like to suggest a new feature for the web server modules. Sometimes the application front-ends are behind a L7 load-balancer (or two) and in those cases all the requests seem to come from the IP of the load-balancer(s). This messes up the checkAddress et al checks.

It would be nice if we could specify a list of IPs so that when requests arrive from them, the IP stored in the "X-Forwarded-For" would be used instead of the IP in the request.

Is this useful for anyone else?

Best regards,
André