shibboleth-dev - single-log-out "forecasting"

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

single-log-out "forecasting"

  • From: Roberto Benedetti <>
  • To:
  • Subject: single-log-out "forecasting"
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 17:57:51 +0100 (MET)

Hi,
the more I look for single-log-out solutions tested and properly-working with shibboleth, the more I find out
* dated documents saying that shib2 will support SAML2.0 single logout specifications and
* recent documents/posts saying it won't be supported before the first official release.

Can you pinpoint some relevant documentation and/or reliable implementation?

Making use of an external SSO mechanism (pubcookie, CAS, etc) would result in a more difficult to deploy/maintain architecture whereas we chose shibboleth to simplify federations' resources management.
Can you make any prediction for a shibboleth-only solution?

Based on your experience and thinking about this inherently complex problem, how long could it take for a completely coded software to become a (almost-)fully-functional one?

Thanks in advance,
roberto