shibboleth-dev - Re: Shibboleth and Active Directory

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Shibboleth and Active Directory

  • From: "Joe Mahlenkamp" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Shibboleth and Active Directory
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 19:22:46 -0500

how do i get off of this list?

On Feb 4, 2008 6:12 PM, Mark Cruz <> wrote:

Hello,

This is my first posting re Shibboleth so please excuse me if this is the wrong list and feel free to redirect me to the appropriate channel.

We are exploring the idea of possibly integrating Shibboleth and Active Directory.  I would like to find out if anyone has/is using this type of method for authentication.  I am almost completely ignorant of Shibboleth itself, except for what I've read on the Shibboleth FAQs, the wiki, and what's been shared in our own internal meetings with the Shibboleth development team.  I'm an Active Directory/Windows engineer, so that's the world I live in.  There is talk as to possibly using Active Directory to maintain certain attributes that Shibboleth may/will need?  Does this require extending the schema, or do these attributes already exist?  Is this Active Directory method even a "preferred" setup?  Any gotchas?

Any insight would be most appreciated.

Mark

--
Joe Mahlenkamp