shibboleth-dev - Re: IdPSessionFilter

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: IdPSessionFilter

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: IdPSessionFilter
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 07:15:52 +0100

No, it was added after the last Beta in order to address some issues with the way that Tomcat was dealing with the HttpSession. There is no configuration file and it's nothing that deployers need to touch. All it's doing is looking up the user's sessions from the internal session manager and putting it on the request.

wrote:
I noticed this in the web.xml file, and the container managed security technique I was using during beta does not seem to work anymore (it was kind of a hack, but I was planning to use it for at least awhile longer). IdPSessionFilter is not in any of my beta config files. Is there documentation on it? Are there any associated configuration files? I didn’t scour the wiki, but I glanced at it and I didn’t find anything quickly.

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities

  • IdPSessionFilter, Jeff.Krug, 01/30/2008
    • Re: IdPSessionFilter, Chad La Joie, 01/31/2008