shibboleth-dev - Discovery Service RC1 Problem

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Discovery Service RC1 Problem

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Discovery Service RC1 Problem
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 11:54:24 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I have installed the discovery service rc1 in my shib2 test environment with
the installation guide
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB/DiscoveryService.
The SessionInitiator in my shibboleth2.xml looks like this:

<SessionInitiator type="Chaining" Location="/DS"
isDefault="true" id="DS" relayState="cookie">
<SessionInitiator type="SAML2" defaultACSIndex="1"
template="/opt/shib-sp/etc/shibboleth/bindingTemplate.html"/>
<SessionInitiator type="Shib1" defaultACSIndex="4"/>
<SessionInitiator type="SAMLDS"
URL="https://vmext148.gwdg.de/DS"/>
</SessionInitiator>

The DiscoveryService is with “DS” deployed in the Tomcat5.5 webapps.

Now when I try to open a shib2-protected-resource, I will redirected to
https://vmext148.gwdg.de/DS/?entityID=https%3A%2F%2Fvmext148.gwdg.de%2Fsp&return=https%3A%2F%2Fvmext148.gwdg.de%2FShibboleth.sso%2FDS%3FSAMLDS%3D1%26target%3Dcookie
and get a Tomcat 404 Error.

First, is that the right path to the DS? And second, have I forget something
to configure? In the installation guide I had all steps done.

In my Catalina Logs I didn’t find an error.

Any Ideas? Thanks.

With Regards,
Timo