shibboleth-dev - Re: MySQL shared cache and ADFS

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: MySQL shared cache and ADFS

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: MySQL shared cache and ADFS
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 12:23:59 -0500

giacomo tenaglia wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to interface a load balanced SP with ADFS. I've set up a
shared remote MySQL session cache using the patch from Stanford.
The cache works well with a Shibboleth IdP, but doesn't with ADFS, I got
this error:

Per my other note, it barely works at all because the API is so screwed up.

So I've looked at the adfs code, and found out that maybe adding another
check like that:

else if (profile==ADFS_SSO)
role=entity->getIDPSSODescriptor(adfs::XML::WSFED_NS);

can work. What I don't know is if I have to change other things in the
cache code.. do you have any idea?

No idea. Please consider testing the ODBC storage cache option in the 2.0 beta instead.