shibboleth-dev - Loss of LDAP connection in 2.0

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Loss of LDAP connection in 2.0

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Loss of LDAP connection in 2.0
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 07:38:42 +0100

A couple weeks ago Jon Warbrick reported a problem where, if the IdP had connections to an LDAP directory and the directory was then shut down, the IdP was unable to reconnect to the directory.

I have confirmation that this is no longer true in 2.0. The new LDAP code from Virginia Tech, upon which our JAAS LDAP login module and LDAP data connector for the attribute resolver are built, properly detects failed connections and simply re-opens them when the LDAP server comes back online. Obviously, while the LDAP server is down you get errors from the IdP that it can't connect and authenticate/retrieve attributes.

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities

  • Loss of LDAP connection in 2.0, Chad La Joie, 11/13/2007