shibboleth-dev - RE: NameQualifier for Issuer?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: NameQualifier for Issuer?

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: NameQualifier for Issuer?
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 10:39:56 -0400

> Is there a way I can specify the NameQualifier attribute for the Issuer
> element on the IdP? It seems like it's probably an option that I could
> specify in the relying-party.xml file, but after glancing at the XSD it
> was not obvious if I could do this.

Conceptually it should be part of an attribute's internal content and should
be controlled by the Attribute or NameID encoding process. All of the layers
should have access to the entityID of the requester and the responder and
that would typically "default" in as the two qualifiers if the data wasn't
coming out of some attribute store.

Note that only persistent and transient should get them anyway. The use of
qualifiers for other formats is deprecated and ill-advised.