shibboleth-dev - beta idp: ldap with client cert

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

beta idp: ldap with client cert

  • From: Jim Fox <>
  • To:
  • Subject: beta idp: ldap with client cert
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 14:20:47 -0700 (PDT)

It appears that client cert authentication to an ldap service
can be made to work for 2.0 with some property definitions in the
ldap resolver section, e.g.,

<LDAPProperty name="javax.net.ssl.trustStore"
value="path_to_keystore" />
<LDAPProperty name="javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword"
value="store_pw" />
<LDAPProperty name="javax.net.ssl.keyStore"
value="path_to_truststore" />
<LDAPProperty name="javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword"
value="store_pw" />
<LDAPProperty name="java.naming.security.authentication"
value="EXTERNAL" />

I know these keystores are the java way, but they aren't
the shib way. I much preferred using Credential elements.

Jim

p.s. If I can use a <Credential ../> and normal cert and key
files for this someone please explain how.