shibboleth-dev - Re: beta idp examples?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: beta idp examples?

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: beta idp examples?
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 14:02:14 -0400

I've asked Nate to post the files I use on one of our test machines.

For people's info though the 6 configuration files are described below:

attribute-filter.xml - this is the attribute filtering policy
(previously known as attribute release policy)

attribute-resolver.xml - this is the attribute resolver configuration file

handler.xml - this defines all the endpoints (profile handlers,
authentication handlers, and logout handlers once we add those) for the
IdP. Most people won't need to change anything in here.

internal.xml - this is a file that no one is meant to change. It's just
a bunch of internal wiring for the IdP.

relying-party.xml - this file controls per-relying party behavior

service.xml - the IdP has been broken up into a set of components, known
as services, that are assembled in order to answer requests. This
identifies the services and their configuration file.

Some of the reasons for separate files aren't yet obvious because there
are some features I have documented yet (because it's not what I want
people testing right now) and some of it has to do with some limitations
of Spring that we have to deal with in order to get the aforementioned
features.

--
Chad La Joie 2052-C Harris Bldg
OIS-Middleware 202.687.0124