shibboleth-dev - Re: Custom logging in Shibbolth 1.3 IdP

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Custom logging in Shibbolth 1.3 IdP

  • From: "Simone Avogadro" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Custom logging in Shibbolth 1.3 IdP
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:08:32 +0200

Thanks for the answer Scott!
Here in Italy (and elsewhere in the world nowadays, I suppose) we have some laws which require us to track whom are we giving access to services and we try to do it in the most privacy-aware way
do you have at hand any document/link that you belive might help us?

    -Simone

Simone Ing. Avogadro
Wise-Lab S.r.l.
via del Lavoro, 16 - 22100 Como (Italy)
Email: simone.avogadro/at/wise- lab.it
Tel/Fax: +39-031-526012
Web: http://www.wise-lab.it

Leggi l'informativa in base all'art.13 del D.lgs. 30 giugno 2003, 196 sul trattamento dei dati personali:
http://www.wise-lab.it/switch/switch2Meta.jsp?meta=90
2007/7/26, Scott Cantor <>:
>  we are going to setup a Shibboleth IdP and are considering which data to
> track during the authentication process
> in order to do this the auth application needs to know which shibbleth-
> session-id has been assigned to the authenticated user

There is no such thing, the current IdP is nominally stateless and any
sessions are handled by the authentication component.