shibboleth-dev - RE: duplicate attribute values

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: duplicate attribute values

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: duplicate attribute values
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 11:06:46 -0400

> I can't find any indication that SAML takes an explicit position on
> attribute values, but my observation is that the OpenSAML 1 code (and
> thus the 1.3.x IdP) implements everything using ArrayLists, which is to
> say that if you push three "foo" values in, then they'll all come out
> the other end and ultimately end up in the application at the SP as
> "foo;foo;foo".

Just for the record, I have no intention of doing anything about this in the
SP, in either version. It's too complicated to mess with attribute values
beyond just getting the damn things extracted, and I see no reason why an
application should be so stupid as to care about duplicates. So that's my
story and I'm sticking to it...