shibboleth-dev - Re: JBoss Cache vs. Terrocotta

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: JBoss Cache vs. Terrocotta

  • From: Bradley Beddoes <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: JBoss Cache vs. Terrocotta
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 14:13:23 -0700

Hi Chad,
For our project we've used Terracotta an had a lot of success with it to date and some of that functionality would be pretty simillar to what your doing with the Shib 2.0 IdP I would imagine such as principal session replication etc.

regards,
Bradley

Chad La Joie wrote:
Just a quick poll, of people who care (or know).

Which, of these two technologies, do individuals prefer (or use) for
clustering their Java applications:

JBoss Cache (which HA-Shib currently uses)
Terrocotta (which seems to be gaining quite a bit of traction)

I'm just trying to understand which of the above technologies to use for
the initial clustering mechanism within the IdP.